Any Maryland resident whose provider approves medical cannabis as a treatment option for a qualifying medical condition is eligible to register with the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC) as a patient. Your healthcare provider must be registered with the MMCC to provide a valid written certification asserting that your condition meets the qualifications for treatment with medical cannabis.
Qualifying medical conditions include:
- Wasting Syndrome
- Severe pain
- Severe nausea
- Severe or persistent muscle spasms
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Chronic pain
- Other medical conditions which are severe and for which other treatments have been ineffective
To register you MUST have a valid, accessible email account.
- Go to the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC) website mmcc.maryland.gov to complete and submit the online application form in the MMCC Patient Registry.
- Receive the MMCC approval of your application via email. Approval indicates you are registered with the MMCC. Registration is valid for two years.
- Schedule an appointment with a health care provider registered with the MMCC to obtain a valid written certification.
- Visit a licensed Maryland dispensary to purchase medical cannabis with your approved registration and valid written certification.
*A written certification that is not used to purchase medical cannabis within 120 days of issuance becomes null and void. However, the 120 days will not start to run until after medical cannabis is available from a medical cannabis dispensary licensed in the state of Maryland.